“We want to look at our combinations, and also ensure that we get on a roll in terms of the intensity for twenty20-competition. That’s why we play so many games,” said Ontong.
The Cobras will play six Twenty/20-games on tour, of which four will be against North West in Potchefstroom and two against the bizhub Highveld Lions in Johannesburg.
Two 50-over games, against the Lions and North West, are also on the agenda.
The Cobras will leave for the elitist Champions League Twenty-20 on the 13th September. The Cobras and the Dolphins are the two South African representatives at the global showpiece.
The pre-season squad is as follows:
Cape Cobras Pre Season Squad:
1. Justin Ontong
2. Sybrand Engelbrecht
3. Clyde Fortuin
4. Justin Kemp
5. Shaheen Khan
6. Rory Kleinveldt
7. Charl Langeveldt
8. Richard Levi
9. Aviwe Mgijima
10. Robin Peterson
11. Vernon Philander
12. Dane Piedt
13. Zakhele Qwabe
14. Omphile Ramela
15. Mohammed Vallie
16. Stiaan Van Zyl
17. Dane Vilas
18. Lizaad Williams
Coach: Paul Adams
Technical Coach: Salieg Nackerdien
The fixtures are as follows:
- Thurs, 28 August 2014: 2 x T20 matches - Cape Cobras vs North West; 10am start, Potchefstroom
- Fri, 29 August 2014: 50 over game – Cape Cobras vs North West, 10am start, Potchefstroom
- Sun, 31 August 2014: 2 x T20 games - Cape Cobras vs North West, 10am start, Potchefstroom
- Tues, 2 September 2014: 50 over game – Cape Cobras vs Highveld Lions; 10am start, Wanderers Stadium
- Wed, 3 September 2014: 2 x T20 games –Cape Cobras vs Highveld Lions; 10am start, Wanderers Stadium
We wish our Summer Champions well with their CLT20 and season preparation. Follow @CobrasCricket on twitter or on www.facebook.com/capecobras for more info.