- All general repairs and maintenance of buildings and facilities
- Assist with the efficient running of all electrical and mechanical systems
- Ensure that all health and safety issues are attended to
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with the management of external contractors
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- Grade 12 or similar qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ building services supervisory experience
- Certificate in Electrical, Plumbing or Engineering highly advantageous
- Good written and verbal communication and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Conscientious, results driven and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours.
- An understanding of the game of cricket would be beneficial.
The position is ideally suited to a candidate who is a self-starter, outcome and results driven, has an optimistic and positive approach and is adept at working in a changing environment.
Consideration will be given to the employment equity objectives of WPCA.
We invite candidates who believe they meet the above requirements to apply in writing to the Company Secretary, Ameena Smith, at email@example.com by close of business on 14th September 2018.
By applying applicants acknowledge that they give permission to WPCA to perform reference and other checks as may be deemed necessary.
Should you have not heard from us within 20 working days of the closing date, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Chief Executive Officer