WPCA would like to wish all those celebrating Diwali a Happy Diwali. May your home be filled with good vibes and intensively positive aura as we celebrate the Diwali festival.
Western Province Women’s coach, Cobus Roodt has announced his 13 man squad to play in the CSA Provincial 50 over match against Boland on Saturday 10 November 2012 at Easterns Cricket Club in Kraaifontein starting at 09h45 am.
The team is as follows:
Le Breton Alexis (Capt), Anderson Olivia, Appels Robyn, Daniels Moseline, Esterhuizen Carolyn, Fourie Yolani, Fritz Shandre, Goodall Lara, Heldsinger Ashton, Hendricks Nicole, Ismail Shabnim, Jacobs Leighshe, Van Eck Richa, Cobus Roodt (Coach), Clinton du Preez (Coordinator)
WYNBERG - ALL OUT FOR ONE RUN – 1992
A memory we will never forget. Although probably nothing to be proud of, but how many Club’s can boast the fact that they have had a team bowled all out for only one run!
Wynberg/Valkenberg vs Melchester
Venue: Wynberg Sports Club – “B” field
Innings of Melchester – 189/6
Innings of Wynberg/Valkenberg
1. A. Daniels caught A. Bloys 0
2. I. Van Rensburg (Jnr) bowled E. Cooper 0
3. J. Peskin caught A. Bloys 1
4. S. Gabriez bowled E. Cooper 0
5. J. Manua bowled A. Bloys 0
6. G. Singh caught A. Bloys 0
7. T. Conlan bowled E. Cooper 0
8. C. Van Eyssen Not Out 0
9. J. De Witt bowled E. Cooper 0
10. C. Winn bowled E. Cooper 0
11. Y. Daniel bowled E. Cooper 0
Bowling: Overs Mdns Runs Wickets
E. Cooper: 4.2 4 0 6
A. Bloys 4 3 1 4
Interesting facts about the match were:
- Jerome Peskin scoring the run, which was an edge through the slips.
- All 3 batsman caught were by the wicket keeper.
- Nine wickets fell for 0 runs.
- 18 year old Ebrahim Cooper took 6 wickets for 0 runs.
- It took just 8.2 overs to bowl Wynberg out.
- Only 1 run scored in 8.2 overs.
- There was nothing wrong with the pitch if Melchester scored 189!
- I. Van Rensburg (Jnr) & Yasieed Daniels went on to play 1st division cricket. Yazeed is still playing 1st team.
- J. Peskin, J. Dewitt went on to play 2nd team cricket.
- A. Daniels, T. Conlan. S. Garriez, C. Van Eyssen & C. Winn retired from cricket after this season.
- G. Singh continued to play for the 4th team, but has never scored a 50, his best being 41*.
- J. Manuel was the only player to continue with major success as a bowler, but as a usual number 11 batsman one wonders what the hell he was doing batting at number 5 here!
Calvin Van Eyssen was the only player not out on 0. This was a bit flattering for this player as he was noticeably our worst ever player in the history of Wynberg Cricket Club!