A big battle will take place at the 2nd best test ground in the world as our boys in green and gold go all out in front of the Newlands crowd to show they are worthy of the number one test team title.
Graeme Smith this week celebrated being captain for 100 Tests at the Wanderers. Now, at his home ground Sahara Park Newlands, he will celebrate his 100th test as the PROTEAS Test captain (one match was for a World XI). We salute a true legend of the game!
On Saturday, 16 February, Sunfoil will be hosting a dress-up competition during the lunch break. Fans must come to the most scenic ground in the country – Sahara Park Newlands - dressed up for the Proteas. Your crazy, hot, cooking outfit could win you a sizzling R1000 shopping voucher! Howzat?!
Once you are at the 2nd best Test venue in the world, you can enjoy a meal from one of our many food vendors around the stadium and to make it extra special, go relax behind the North Stand and listen to the live band. Also visit our Newlands Cricket Shop situated behind the North Stand too for great memorabilia and supporters wear.
Details of the Sunfoil Test match is as follows:
Date : 14 - 18 February 2013
Venue : Sahara Park Newlands
Start of play : 10:30am ( gates open at 08:30am)
Tickets prices : Adults (R70 seats & R60 grass); U/16 (R70 seat & R45 grass).
WPCA would like to encourage the Newlands faithful to get their tickets early to avoid disappointment. Tickets for the second Sunfoil Test match can be purchased through the following channels:
- Internet: cricket.ticketpros.co.za
- Call centre - 087 151 4400
- Sahara Park Newlands ticket office (021 657 2089 / 43)
- All Postnets outlets. For a comprehensive list visit ticketpros.co.za or postnet.co.za
Please note the following Ticket Office operating hours for the duration of the SA vs Pakistan Test match at Newlands:
- THURS, 7TH FEB & FRI, 8TH FEB - 08H30AM TO 17H30PM
- SAT, 9TH FEB & SUN 10TH FEB - 09H00AM - 13H00PM
- MON - FRI (IN THE WEEK OF THE 11TH FEB) - 08H30AM - 18H00PM
- Campground and Keurboom road
- Campground and Kelvin Grove
- Campground and Marienthal
- Marienthal and Kinkle road (when parking is full)
- Mill and letterstedt
- Boundary road circle
- One way traffic along Mona Crescent // Marienthal and Palmyra road
- Campground road between Palmyra and Marienthal road to be kept clear from 06h00 both sides till roads are closed at 07h00
N.B: State of the Nation Address: Patrons attending the 1st day of the South Africa vs. Pakistan Test Match on 14 February must note that the M3 northbound will be closed at 17:45, rather use the M5 or Main Rd (M4). For further info please see attachment. We would appreciate it if all media in the Western Cape could make this information available to their readers, listeners, viewers and on their social media platforms.
Sahara Park Newlands, the place to be! Follow us on twitter: @NewlandsCricket for the Sunfoil Test Match updates.