A memory we will never forget. Although probably nothing to be proud of, but how many Club’s can boast the fact that they have had a team bowled all out for only one run!
Wynberg/Valkenberg vs Melchester
Venue: Wynberg Sports Club – “B” field
Innings of Melchester – 189/6
Innings of Wynberg/Valkenberg
1. A. Daniels caught A. Bloys 0
2. I. Van Rensburg (Jnr) bowled E. Cooper 0
3. J. Peskin caught A. Bloys 1
4. S. Gabriez bowled E. Cooper 0
5. J. Manua bowled A. Bloys 0
6. G. Singh caught A. Bloys 0
7. T. Conlan bowled E. Cooper 0
8. C. Van Eyssen Not Out 0
9. J. De Witt bowled E. Cooper 0
10. C. Winn bowled E. Cooper 0
11. Y. Daniel bowled E. Cooper 0
Bowling: Overs Mdns Runs Wickets
E. Cooper: 4.2 4 0 6
A. Bloys 4 3 1 4
Interesting facts about the match were:
- Jerome Peskin scoring the run, which was an edge through the slips.
- All 3 batsman caught were by the wicket keeper.
- Nine wickets fell for 0 runs.
- 18 year old Ebrahim Cooper took 6 wickets for 0 runs.
- It took just 8.2 overs to bowl Wynberg out.
- Only 1 run scored in 8.2 overs.
- There was nothing wrong with the pitch if Melchester scored 189!
- I. Van Rensburg (Jnr) & Yasieed Daniels went on to play 1st division cricket. Yazeed is still playing 1st team.
- J. Peskin, J. Dewitt went on to play 2nd team cricket.
- A. Daniels, T. Conlan. S. Garriez, C. Van Eyssen & C. Winn retired from cricket after this season.
- G. Singh continued to play for the 4th team, but has never scored a 50, his best being 41*.
- J. Manuel was the only player to continue with major success as a bowler, but as a usual number 11 batsman one wonders what the hell he was doing batting at number 5 here!
Calvin Van Eyssen was the only player not out on 0. This was a bit flattering for this player as he was noticeably our worst ever player in the history of Wynberg Cricket Club!